Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stitching Time

A lot has happened since I last posted... not surprising since it has been so long.  I suddenly find myself with time to spare so quilts will dance and I will be posting more often than I have.  Sadly the reason I have time is I am on leave from my job to spend some quality time kicking cancer's proverbial but.  On the bright side I have way more time to quilt and my parent's home has room for me to sew in and that is a good thing.

I started Carys' quilt today, well earnestly started since I had sewn a few stitches in Anchorage.  It is full of happy blues, greens, a dash of pink, a multicolored agate swatch and let me not forget a sprinkle of Peeps.  Just when I started really getting going the needle on the machine broke and a bit fell in the machine's works and it hasn't worked since.  :(  Tomorrow it will have a nice visit with the sewing machine repair shop and all will be well.  If only I were patient.  Oh well, here is a sneak peek.

Happy fabrics... so many possibilities.

This could be the start of something interesting.
BTW, thanks Gayle for the fabric funds.  A good day anyway, and mom's violets are a cheerful sight... they remind me of Grandma Grace and Aunt Olga, they had such a way with violets their thumbs were practically purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment