Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tabled

My Uncle helped me make this table top and send it here from Anchorage.  My house has one we also made that has an orange design on it.  Brandi, Kevin, Paula's family is growing... Thane has a new baby sister... so I thought they could use a bigger table.  I blocked out the design with painter's tape and contact paper, then Kim dropped by and helped me paint the design.  Over the weekend I painted layers of polyurethane to protect it from daily wear and tear.  This table has the oil-based polyurethane and seems like a lot tougher finish than the water based polyurethane I used on my my table.   Kevin and Kim took the legs off the old table and voila... a new table is born.  The bottom picture is of Kim setting up a tent in our living room... you can see a little of our table in the foreground.  You can tell the same person designed both.  :)  The new table top is great and everyone is happy with it, so a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment