Friday, February 10, 2012

Buffalo Chips (not what you think)

Buffalo Jump
 First off let me say the song "Buffalo Soldier" by Bob Marley and the Wailers is near impossible to extricate from your head once lodged there by the mere mention of buffalo.  Having grown up in Yellowstone National Park I am fully aware these are bison, but I am not going to get all Monk about it and just let it go.  This is that quilt I found cut and well on its way in my fabric bins.  I don't remember starting it either... but I like how it turned out.  It is off on the larger picture... the closer one gets the colors better... I am still contemplating what border to put on this.  If I can find some of the Kenti cloth looking fabric I am leaning that way.  I think it is a Kaffe Fasset fabric so I'll be off the Glorious Color and investigate.  Bingo!  It is called "Shirt Stripes" and I think I'll use the blue colorway to contrast with the red I used in the quilt (I did use blues so it will work.  I am totally plugging for Glorious Color because I have used it for fabric orders for years and years and they are always super quick and the fabric pictured is as expected (though sometimes prettier). They don't pay me so take it for what it is.

I already blogged about this quilt but only had one crappy picture so I guess that is all I have to say until it is done.  :)

Buffalo Jump (17 squares by 17 squares each about 5 inches... you do the math)

... and finally for the chips.  I meant electronic chips since this is a quick note about about my awesome FIRST FTC robotics teams.  One won an award for perseverance and the other was part of a winning alliance that earns them a ticket to the state meet in Fairbanks next month.  Woot!  I couldn't be prouder of the teams' behavior and extraordinary work they put into their bot this season.  I am looking forward to seeing their robot change by March and zoom about at the state competition.  What a great experience it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment