Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pillows and Packing

Right now I'm an Anchorage quilter... Alaskan, but not tundra.  Next week I head back home.  Beautiful Newtok, Alaska.  I'll post the pictures next week when I get there, first I have to pack and do most of my shopping for the next school year.  Granted, thanks to the internet and having relatives in Anchorage this isn't as much of an issue as it used to be, but it is still a deal.  Thus I haven't quilted much today.  I did get some of the quilt from yesterday together, but I'm not going to prattle on about the same quilt for days and days.  You'll just have to wait for some real progress.

My relatives have a couch with some ugly pillows they wanted covered in the decorator fabric they had their chairs covered in... That was tonight's project.  The maroon fabric is the back of the old pillow that matched their couch, and the new fabric is this fabulous (undoubtedly pricey) designer fabric that feels like it would wear well even outside (and in Alaska to boot).
 Finished first then some of the process.  The covers just fold around the pillow.  Easy peasy.



I had fun cutting the ugly pillows up, and this new fabric cut and sewed like butter.  I did contemplate centering the pattern, but not until I was pretty far along (oops).  Maybe subconsciously I was remembering I get the leftovers... now my mind is dancing around some different uses for it.  Homemade backpacks?  Is there enough for my couch in Newtok?  My mind is plotting as we speak... or rather as I type.

BTW: I am sticking with my goal to write daily... it was 11:41... that clock must be downstates somewhere.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment